There is a growing demand within the house building market for a non-structural, flowing concrete product that can meet the rigours of construction and still adequately perform as an internal floor. Whereas sand/cement screeds are traditionally installed within a weathertight building, flowing concrete can be installed straight into the open plot as part of the substructure. This creates significant benefits by:
- saving time at the front end of programme
- allowing the whole project to be built around the floor
- allowing early application of floor finishes
- reducing the risk of damage to the floor due to its high strength.
Our flowing concrete is easy flowing, self-compacting and can be laid in large areas per day, reaching a compressive strength of 35-50N/mm2 at 28 days. The surface will be suitable for light foot traffic after 24 hours and can be worked on after a period of 72 hours from placing. It can also be supplied with an integral waterproofing admixture.
North West Floor Screeders are able to provide a full service of supplying, pumping and installing flowing concrete to all housing developments or any other project that would benefit from this type of installation. We will also install plastic shrinkage joints where appropriate the day after installation.
As part of our service we can also install any of the following:
- Radon Gas Barrier
- Damp Proof Membrane lapped and taped
- Separating layer lapped and taped to ensure a fully watertight barrier
- Appropriate thickness perimeter isolation ethafoam
- Reinforcement mesh as required
Our flowing concrete is also perfect for wet underfloor heating applications, offering an optimum slab thickness of 75mm to allow efficient heat transfer and an effective thermal mass.
Please take a look at our installation pictures and video for an insight into our capabilities.